Monday, June 29, 2009

Mt. Dutton

This past weekend most of my family was able to go camping on Mt. Dutton where I have my once-in-a-lifetime bull elk permit this fall. We have never camped there before but it turned out to be a great area and we had a lot of fun. I thought I would share what we spent our time doing.


We took a 4-wheeler ride..


....enjoyed the scenery....



....layed in the hammock....



....did some target shooting....



....played croquet....



....caught some reptiles....



....played in the creek....


....took a 6 mile hike and saw beavers....


....and elk....



....played horseshoes....



....hunted jack rabbits and gophers....



....took another 6 mile (...oops! turned out to be 12 miles) hike....


....rested on a log....


....soaked our feet in the stream.


Thank you family for a wonderful weekend! We love you all!

1 comment:

Diana said...

Sounds like lots of fun! I definitely can't show Shawn your blog. He'll be even more jealous! We so can't be friends. :) hahaha! Lucky you guys!! Did you find the monster elk yet?